Lighting

Sorry this blog has been silent for 6 months! I moved in about a month ago, and the effort to finish the house was just too all-consuming to find time to blog. Also finishes were typically covered up right after install, which made it hard to get attractive photos. So now I'll try to write up the last few posts on my finishes and how they turned out.

Choosing decorative lights is one of the more fun tasks in designing a house. I selected all of these online, without ever seeing them in person. Fortunately the choices all turned out well!

For the upper hallway lights I choose the David Trubridge Nikau pendant, with red interior. These come flatpack from New Zealand as individual pieces of bamboo; it took about two hours for me to assemble each one!



My dining table light is the Artemide Led Net Line Suspension.


I ordered my my kitchen pendant lights directly from Fild Design, a small design firm in the Ukraine; I noticed their Bevel Lamp on a design blog I follow, and immediately fell for them.  These were tricky, as they are designed for European voltage (220V). Fortunately, the are just wire to a bulb socket, so using a US LED bulb was sufficient to make them work. 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know which product is the best from the ones listed on the site? Lumè Table Lamp

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts