So it begins


Time to build a new house! I last built a modern house in 2011, and blogged extensively about it. I'm building a new one, and hope to document the process as well as I can (while freely admitting that I have less time compared to the previous round). I'll dive right into it.

 The property I purchased already had a small, run-down house, as well as a detached garage on the alley.


The original plan was to reuse the existing foundation of the main house. However, after demo, we're finding that the foundation is not suitable. There are no footers under the concrete walls; we had assumed there would be. This means we need to redo the foundation, and the the structural engineer has to revise the structural plan accordingly. So we are stopped, waiting on the new plans.

Here are some demo and foundation pics.

 

 

 

 






Comments

Popular Posts